There’s no question that this July 4th will be different. To help you kick back and relax, we’ve got 4 great ideas for enjoying the long weekend the Birdies way.
1. Mix A Refreshing Summer Drink
We could sip rosé all season long (and we probably will!), but if you want to take your drinks up a notch, check out our recipe for rosé sangria. It’s simple, refreshing, and delicious. Any rosé will work—still, sparkling, dry, or fruity. Use our favorite Summer fruits, or choose your own favorites to add.
Rosé Sangria Recipe
1. Make a simple syrup by bringing 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Slice 2 white peaches and 2 yellow nectarines. Add to a pitcher, along with 1 cup of raspberries.
3. Pour in 1 bottle of rosé, 1/ 4 cup of triple sec, and chilled simple syrup. Stir and serve.
2. Serve Up Simple Snacks
A killer charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, and nuts is key to a great picnic or backyard barbecue. And so are Summer salads that are light and refreshing, like our watermelon strawberry salad. We love the sweet-savory combination of juicy fruits and salty feta. But the best part? This salad looks impressive but couldn’t be easier to make.
Watermelon Strawberry Salad Recipe
1. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups cubed watermelon, 2 cups chopped strawberries, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, olive oil, and a dash of champagne vinegar.
2. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
3. Garnish with fresh mint and basil, chill, and serve.
3. Make It Pretty
Once you’ve picked your spot, whether it’s on a pretty patch of grass by the water or out on your back patio, set it up like you would for a casual dinner party. Dust off your cloth napkins, pull the picnic blanket out of the closet, and buy a bouquet of fresh flowers. Wicker picnic baskets, mason jars, rustic cutting boards, and wooden serving spoons are great for decor, but the key here is to repurpose items you already have at home. Just remember that you’ll be outside, so stick to decor that you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
4. Be Cool & Comfortable
Make a stylish statement this weekend in a pair of our cool-meets-comfortable woven Starling flats. We designed these super-breathable flats with a basket weave perfect for warm, sunny days spent lounging outside. They’re our lightest flats yet, and they feel like Summer for your feet. Keep it casual with cropped jeans or pair them with a sundress for a more feminine look.
Wherever you choose to spend it, we hope you safely enjoy the long weekend in style and comfort—with our tips, recipes, and our newest Birdies.